Book an Author
GETAWAY WITH 2k10 AUTHORS
Like what you’ve seen of 2k10? Interested in finding opportunities for readers you know to connect with a 2k10 author? You don’t even have to pack a bag -- 2k10 authors will come to you! Most of our authors will arrange school visits through their personal websites. Or check out the following Book an Author Programs. (Author fees and travel reimbursement may apply.)
VIRTUAL SKYPE VISITS
2k10 authors will be available for virtual visits, via Skype, for all of 2010. This is a 30 minute program in which teacher and students prepare questions ahead of time for the author to answer. This is also great for book clubs! There is no charge to set up the visit, but author compensation may be required and is negotiable through specific author.
* Requires a computer, a webcam with microphone, speakers, a large projection screen and an account with Skype. Authors are subject to availability.
2k10 authors also offer on-site school visits in a special BOOK YOUR GETAWAY program, FREE of charge. This is a matching program in which applicants are paired with one of the 2k10 authors, based on geography and scheduling considerations. Once matched, schools and authors together will design a program that includes a signed copy of the author‘s book for your school library and the school‘s choice of two to three of the following activities:
1) Question and answer session hosted on our blog or Skype.
2) Online chat.
3) Exchange of letters with one of your classes.
4) Informal "meet and greet" session with author if time and proximity allows.
5) Writing workshop for young writers.
6) Other ideas agreed upon by you and your author.
Your school’s GETAWAY experience will be unique. You and your author will plan together to make it fit your needs and your author’s schedule.
To apply to be a Match for the BOOK YOUR GETAWAY PROGRAM, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• Your name, your affiliation with the school, and your contact information
• Your school’s name and address.
• The name of the author(s) you are most interested in partnering with.
We will contact you as soon as possible. Our goal is to include many schools in the program, but spaces are limited.
GROUP BOOK SIGNINGS
The Class of 2K10 is also available for group book signings and panel discussions at bookstores, libraries and other gathering places. Let us bring the Getaway to you!
Click below to view an interactive map and see where our authors live!